:')

24/03/2008
Sometimes, life doesn't give you what you want. Hell, sometimes, it gives you something you know you DON'T want. But one step to living the life that you want in spite of all this is to forget the past, appreciate the present, and look forward to the future. That way, you're never too bored, never too sad, never too lonely.
You, the voice in my head, whom I pretend is another sentient being along side me, may say its easy for me to spout all this philosophy, because I don't know what your life is like. But what I do know is that my life hasn't been perfect. I've faced a whole lot of crap myself, and the only way I've survived all that is by believing that there is a tomorrow, and that it will be better than the today.
I've spent countless hours of my life asking myself what it'd be like if I was somebody else. But now, I've realised something: I am what I am, and that's all that I am. I have to learn to appreciate that, no matter how long its gonna take me.
All these years, I've hoped and I've prayed that i turn into someone else, that by some miracle, I wake up one day, and Im not myself anymore. But now I pray differently: now, I pray that I become the best that I can be, because Im the most unique person I know.
Im truly thankful for the life that I have, the people I know, my family, and any other factors that shaped me into the one-of-a-kind freak that I am today.
Because I may be the black sheep in the herd, but that doesn't mean I ain't loving every single moment of my life!
Afterthought: Then again, I am a twelve year old bully magnet, who just  spent the last twenty minutes in a long, cliche-laden, moral debate with himself. I just might reconsider everything I've put forth so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment