Late Night Philosophers

“Someday, we’ll all be able to say what’s on our minds, without stumbling or stuttering.”

“I read something online that went something like that! Someday, we will be able to say… No, what? That’s wrong. No, we never say what’s really important to us… What? No, it was so DEEP, like, how can I forget? Um, we never say what really matters? We never say what’s really on our minds!”

“Explain to me how that’s deep again, I’m not seeing it.”

“I thought it made plenty sense. We never really say what’s on our minds, what’s…. I think there was something about, you know… Okay, let me explain the basic idea:

I don’t remember exactly what they said, but it was something to the effect that, um, we never voice the thoughts that really matter to us out loud. That’s what they meant. Yeah. It makes plenty sense: we don’t talk about things that matter, right? No, we sometimes talk about the things that matter, but most of the time, we just tiptoe around the elephant in the room.”

“I don’t think you could really tiptoe around the elephant in the room, because, like, have you seen how huge their ears are? I mean, they’d probably  hear you tiptoeing around them. It wont really be a tiptoe anymore, will it?”

“…”

“Yeah, I’m totally missing the point. I had a cooler explanation, but it sounded something like that, so yeah, it’s deep. That’s deep, bruh. Very deep, bruh.”

“Actually, if the elephant sorta swished its head, we’d go flying, because flappy ears.” *short pause* “THAT’S A METAPHOR FOR TALKING ABOUT THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM, because the elephant keeps pushing us away. So the matter… WHAT. Oh my God, I’m starting to sound so weird, Oh God…”

“Are you one of those underappreciated genius type people? Because that was really very profound, and… Yeah. Stuff. And things. Yeah. Okay.”

“I might be, I might be. In a few years, I’m going to not be able to handle my genius, and snort cocaine, and die, OD’ing.”


2 comments: