An Epiphany



https://www.facebook.com/KillerDart1


I sat at my desk, just about to complete the rest of that dratted Bio assignment, when I had an epiphany.
I have absolutely no idea why, but instead of picking up my books and enduring another three hours of a task that made me feel hara-kiri was a good idea, I just sat there for a while, and thought some deep thoughts.

I thought about how some people aren’t what they seem like on the outside. How people could easily stab you in the back, and you’d never know. How I was tired of picking up the pieces of my heart, strewn everywhere by some people who didn’t care. How I felt tardy, insecure and powerless, all at once. How a feeling of vertigo was slowly taking me over.

I thought about some people who were unhappy with their lives. People who felt that God had been a little unforgiving when he decided their fates. People who wished that they could rewind time, and rewrite every single step of their lives. People who were berating themselves for something they did, each second of their lives.

I thought about the destitute all over the world. People who had no food to eat, nor anything to quench their thirsts. People who were dying by the minute, by the second. People who wanted to be loved and cared about, just like you or me, but faced a world of ignorance and non-importance. People whose voices felt too meek to be heard by anyone.

I thought about myself. About how I fit in these situations. About what I could do to help. What choices would come in front of me, which could twist my path and meld it with another one.

I probably would have had deep thoughts for another nine hours straight, when, in a flash, a thought popped into my mind that changed the course of the whole day:


“Okay. Enough with the philosophy. That Bio project isn’t going to complete itself!” 

3 comments: